BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Trouble with elevation drawing

tomsakofall
Newcomer

hi!

I have an issue that’s driving me crazy. I’m trying to fix an elevation drawing on a house. If I look at the elevation in the project map everything looks good. But when I’m in the layout and are draging the elevation into it the windows disappear. I’ve tried everything but nothing helps.

anyone who knows how to fix this? 

0E46D448-7CBE-4FAB-9C53-428107775557.png

1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein

A few obvious places to look if you haven't checked these already...

It is a saved View that you drag onto a Layout to create a Drawing.

1. The saved View must have a defined name for absolutely every setting field...none should read Custom or Missing.  Open the View settings from Navigator to verify.  (It looks like the Elements to Show in 3D is omitting Windows and Doors.)

2. When you drag a View onto a Layout, the settings for the Drawing Tool are what are used to determine how the drawing will appear, including if the View will have its scale changed, pen set changed etc etc.   Once your View is correct, before you drag it to another Layout, open the Drawing Tool settings and check that absolutely every setting is as-desired 🙂  Then drag.

If you still have issues after the above, post a screenshot of the View Settings.  Then, on the Layout, select the Drawing, and display its settings ... and post a screenshot of that.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!