Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Two walls trimmed by one roof, from both sides.

Tierno23
Participant

Hi! I am trying to solve a point in one project in which I need to trim the upper part of a wall with a roof, and continue the same vertical with another wall, trimmed on its lower part by the same roof so that the wall appears to be continue but its in fact two different ones separated by that roof. When I try to do it, the part where both walls overlap results in one of the walls to not appear until the point in which they don't overlap anymore. I attach images of the problem to try ande make it clearer.

Thank you in advance! 🙂

Captura de pantalla 2023-02-02 a las 22.20.44.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-02-02 a las 22.20.06.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-02-02 a las 22.20.57.png
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

It appears to be the same wall composite above and below.

I would just use one single wall with the height of bot - a multi-storey wall.

Set the Floor Pan Display to 'All Relevant Storeys' and you will see it on both plans.

If you still need to you can just do a simple Solid Element Subtraction 'subtraction' (not upwards or downwards) to cut the wall where the roof intersect, but you may find it does this automatically if the building material strength of the roof are stronger.

Otherwise I think you will need two separate layers, one for the lower wall and one for the upper wall.

Then set the layer group intersection number to be different in each of those layers and they will not cut each other in 3D.

Also if you have used the 'connect/trim' to roof option, I would use Solid Element Operations instead.

I am not sure if that will fix the issue by itself.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11