Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Unable to make stair connection correct in both section/3d and plan

shg1993
Participant

Hi there,

I'm having a problem ensuring that my stair, moreover its connection with a floor slab, is correct in both plan and section/3d.

When I stretch the slab to the touch first step, it looks correct in plan, however in section you get this ugly cut through with an overlap (highlighted in yellow):

Correct in plan, Wrong in section.jpg

When I stretch the slab so that it works fine in 3d/section, it creates this new line that I don't want to show up in the plan (encircled in yellow):

Correct in section, Wrong in plan.jpg

I have attempted using the Solid Element Operations tool, which just seems to cause further mess, unless I have missed something out from the tool.

I hope that this is clear, and let me know if you need any other information. 

And many thanks in advance..

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Miha_M
Advisor

Try to experiment with basic stair options and change between "start with tread" vs. "start with riser". Then go to Flight Structure Settings and set the parameters for Flight-Start so the stair fits the slab and floor finish hight. It does work, but needs some tweaking. It helps if you have a section through stairs, so you can measure some needed dimensions.

Miha_M_1-1647964978107.png

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

You could also create a secondary slab or roof piece matching the angle of the stairs to solid elements subtract downwards and then hide the piece doing the SEO

This is assuming the stairs have to be the way you have them drawn otherwise @Miha_M s reply is the best way to go

Lingwisyer
Guru

If you go into Edit mode for the tread you can turn off the leading edge, though I do not recall you being able to turn off the side edges so you will still have the extension there...

Ling.

Edit: actually, that is your slab... how is that bottom tread built? This is not with the inbuilt stair tool?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660