BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Updating GSM objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
Based off of my previous post, I created objects using the slab tool to add to my exterior walls. If I go back and change the gsm object, will the model automatically update or am I missing something? It seemed that I had to give the object a new name when I made a change, then delete the old one and reinsert the new revised object.

Is there a setting or something I am missing or am I doing this correctly?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You should be able to override the old object. Reload your Libraries after changing it to make sure the most current object is being used.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you be able to show me how to reload the libraries?
Anonymous
Not applicable
File> Libraries and Objects> Library Manager - click on the green refresh button
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I will give it a shot. Learning more every day!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
s2art wrote:
You should be able to override the old object. Reload your Libraries after changing it to make sure the most current object is being used.
There is still a problem if the previous version of the object has already been used. If you save over an existing object, a new object with a new unique ID is created. Even though it has the same name as the previous object, ArchiCAD will see them as different because the hidden unique ID doesn't match. Any instances of the previous object placed in the floor plan will show as blobs, and reloading the library won't fit that. You either need to recover the old object or replace every instance of the old object with the new one.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!