Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Updating materials within library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am the glass material in windows and doors so it renders dark within the "sketch" photo rendering engine. see attachment.

I did this by adding a tight vectoral hatching to the material.

I have a number of custom library parts that have my old glass material in them that renders white like in the door in the attachment.

Can you update the material withing the library parts or do I have to remake them with the new glass?

If this is possible not sure what to do about older project that still have the older type of glass. I guess we could overwrite it so it renders dark.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do the materials get saved inside the library part or do the refer to the materials in the loaded library that may be modified separately?

They seem to be inside the part and stuck with those parameters
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Mo wrote:
I have a number of custom library parts that have my old glass material in them that renders white like in the door in the attachment.
How were these custom doors made?
Mo wrote:
Can you update the material withing the library parts or do I have to remake them with the new glass?
Probably, but will need to be done by changing the GDL script. If they were created by Save Custom Component, then the material call is hard coded, but can be changed in the 3D Script.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the easier will be saving your door/window parameter under "favourite"
Therefor you can keep your old and new door/window parameter without changing the GDL scripts.
cheers