Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial 3D hatching positioning

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

Recently I have ran into one more issue. I need somehow to deal with Vectorial 3D hatch positioning. I have tried align 3D texture but apparently it does not affect vectorial hatching. At least it would be great to know how calculation works. Because hatch does not start at the same point object starts. I think problem could be because of curtain wall. On simple wall everything works fine. My problem explained in image.
Thank you for your help!
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Allign texture works in all directions. I find it helps to have a 3d element to snap on to, for example a 0 thickness slab on a layer that is hidden on your saved views. You can easily snap to this.

Check your vectorial fill to see where the pattern actually starts, it might have an offset that seems odd to you.

There is a limitation when having an element with multiple texture (like a complex profile wall). Elements inserted in to other elements (windows, skylights) and I think curtain walls seem to behave differently as well.

If all else fails: you can use morph tool to create a plane and allign the texture on that (or a 0 thickness wall), but that's not the most intelligent / BIM solution.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Most likely that problem is actually curtain wall. I have tried to convert curtain wall to morphs and align texture works fine. But that is very unthankful way for me to work on this project. As there is a big possibility of curtain wall changes e.g. span between mullions and/or transcoms. I am trying to find different way to to solve this. Thank you for your answer.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Save the morph as a custom panel for the curtain wall, maybe that will retain the allignement. If you want to change something, edit the morph and save it again as object.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried solution with curtain wall panel and It still does not work as I would like to. But I have noticed strange effect of texture. It moves slightly.
Althought I have set origin to be in the corner of the window(as i shown in screen before). Calculations of texture origin differs but in a strange way..