BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vertical logo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create a vertical sign with depth. For instance, in plan I could create the logo in mesh. But I'd like to rotate it from horizontal to vertical axis. Is this possible with any of the tools? I tried creating a module but when I bring the horizontal object into the elevation, it is no longer a solid element but 2D.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
AEwing:

You can rotate the Mesh (or other elements) by converting it to an Object, see in the Help files: Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Objects > Saving 3D Models as Objects.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I have figured out how to save the mesh out as an object (.gsm). I've tried saving it as a door, window (can't find either of those files in door/window or embedded libraries though they show up in my library manager) and object (does show up in objects folder). At any rate would like to now rotate the axis from horizontal to vertical on one of these files. Do I really have to get into gdl code to do that or is there a simple way?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I figured it out (couldn't originally get to the help folder you mentioned). I needed to set my view to 3d side view 90 degrees. It's working now. Very powerful.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you try following the suggestion by David Maudlin? Here it is:

You can rotate the Mesh (or other elements) by converting it to an Object, see in the Help files: Virtual Building > Parametric Objects > Graphic Creation of Custom Objects > Saving 3D Models as Objects.
Learn and get certified!