BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Visibility of doors/windows (questions)

13senpai
Contributor

Hi

In Revit you can hide doors or windows in a view with "hide category in view" command.

If I understand correctly there is no way to control the visibility (hide/unhide) of the doors in Archicad? Doors can't be put on a separate layer? 

In Revit, if you want to create an opening in a wall, you can use "edit profile" function. Archicad's equivalent of that is the "Opening" too, if I udnerstand correctly. Are there any other ways to make an opening in a wall?

Is there a way to "constrain" elements to each other like in Revit? For example, constraining a floor to a wall. So when you move the wall, the floor automatically adjusts. If I move a wall, I have to adjust the slab manually. It doesn't "stick" to the wall, if you know wht I mean.

3 REPLIES 3

You can use Model View Options to control the visibility and detail level of windows and doors in the floor plan, section and 3D views and these can be configured separately for every view saved for placing on a layout. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

https://help.graphisoft.com/AC/26/INT/index.htm?rhcsh=1&rhnewwnd=0&rhmapid=#t=_AC26_Help%2F050_Views...

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you need to move a wall and want the floor to follow, you could use the 2D Marquee with the stretch option.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!