Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walk through/Explore Mode Does not work

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I worked whole time in archicad full version and switched to Solo 24. All environment is deleted - Including Shortcuts (that I had to add manually), and some - like arrows down, up, left, right are not even there in option to set up, therefore, I cant move in floor plan without mouse. Thats one issue.
Second issue, the biggest one is, that I dont see the walk through/Explore mode icon (it used to be on the bottom, looking like a human). I did search for it in whole archicad, menus, windows, in search, and all I see is orbit option which is completely useless, and nothing mention explore mode, nowhere is the icon.

Silly issues but they complicated my experience and workflow. For the price it costs, it should have a better automation.

Please is here someone who can help me to set this up -1. standard shortcuts without me adding them all manually and 2. help me find the Explore Mode?
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
I don't have 'Solo' version, so I don't know what Work Environments come with it.
There should be a 'Standard Work Environment' that you can use that should have all of the default settings (including shortcuts).
I can't say if Solo has Explorer mode or not - I assume it would.

From the Help Centre I found this when searching about solo ...

Solo license

Solo licenses for Solo ARCHICAD versions are available in the UK, USA, Brasilia, South Korea, Hong Kong and in Japan. Solo version has the exact same functionality as the Full version except it doesn't include TeamWork, Cinema 4D rendering engine and Hotlink/X-ref capabilities.

So try changing to different pre-installed Work Environments.

Do you still have access to the Full version?
Maybe you could save out your WE from there and try importing it into the Solo version.
It might not work as Solo does not have all of the features of the full version - but could be worth a try.

In the full version "Explore Model" is the shortcut you are looking for.
I assume it will be the same in Solo if it indeed has this option.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11