BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall End Tool not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having this issue a lot in this model and can't figure out what the issue is. I have this freestanding wall (wall is complex profile with central reference line) and on each end I put a wall end but it keeps kicking the wall end off to the side of the wall as opposed to putting it centered on the wall. Previous projects haven't had this issue with this same process.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I suspect Complex Profile walls don't like wall ends. Which would make sense, as it could be any shape.

You could try to model the wall end with a Complex Profile column.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
We'd prefer to keep using the wall end tool if we can get it to work as it used to, but have tried modeling the wall end as a complex profile and got that to work. The wall end tool is just nice because it automatically stays attached to the wall when moved and automatically stays the height of the wall if changed.

We've always used complex profiles for our walls and never had issues placing a wall end on a center referenced stud with GB 2 sides. We've only been having this issue with ArchiCAD 19.

The image attached shows our different profiles with the reference points and the wall ends working. The 3rd from the left (our typical stud w/ GB both sides) doesn't work, but on my experiment (farthest right with the reference point on the outside of the stud) does work with the wall end. I'm not sure if they've changed something and now all of the sudden the reference point makes a big difference or if I'm missing something that's making it not work.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So your experience is that if the Origin of the Complex Profile is in the middle, it is not working, and if it is offset from the middle point it is working?
It is definitely a peculiarity and I think it should not affect the end result in any way.
In any case it looks like a bug so I will report it to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!