Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Framing Extra -Double Top Plate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any know how (or are able) to show a double top plate in the section view of a wall modeled with assistance from the wall framing extra? The double top plate shows up in the framing elevation and the 3d view but it doesn't show in a section view.
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
David wrote:
Does any know how (or are able) to show a double top plate in the section view of a wall modeled with assistance from the wall framing extra? The double top plate shows up in the framing elevation and the 3d view but it doesn't show in a section view.
Is there a single plate, that is twice as thick as it's supposed to be?

If so, it's because the two plates are "cleanup up" with one another in section because they have the same section fill.... a long-standing complaint of mine.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom, good idea, however, I don't think the number of plates can be specified or modified. A "loadbearing" wall appears to have two plates, whereas a "nonloadbearing" wall appears to have only one plate. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
TomWaltz
Participant
David wrote:
Tom, good idea, however, I don't think the number of plates can be specified or modified. A "loadbearing" wall appears to have two plates, whereas a "nonloadbearing" wall appears to have only one plate. Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
David

in all honesty, I gave up on the wall accessory a long time ago... my office uses mosly composite walls, and it does not allow any method for offsetting the framing in a certain wall skin...

I remembered the problem of top plates merging.(apparently from load-bearing walls)
Tom Waltz