Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall conection to roof problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone give me some guidance on connecting a wall to roof, I have used the trim elements to roof and the blockwork does not trim

please see attached image

Any help appriciated

roof problem.png
5 REPLIES 5
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
Check the roof skins priorities vs walls in building materials. Roof should be higher.

Best regards.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
To expand on that a little bit, you would probably want to set the Intersection Priority Number of the "Insulation" Building Material of the Roof Composite to a higher value than the Intersection Priority Number of the Building Material used by either of those 2 Wall skins that protrude into the Roof Composite.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for your help.

How would I cut the plasterboard off at the block work so it doesn't carry through

Sorry to be a pain
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In a similar fashion: make sure that the Intersection Priority Number of the "Plaster board" Building Material of the Roof Composite is set to a LOWER value than the Intersection Priority Number of the Building Material of all Wall skins you don't want it to cross (that would be all Wall skins).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
DGSketcher
Legend
xtrader wrote:
How would I cut the plasterboard off at the block work so it doesn't carry through
Depending on the stage of project development and the finished eaves detail I create two types of roof 1. The insulated section and 2. The structure outside the insulation.

Another option is to keep the single roof and "cut it back" with an eaves object e.g. a complex profile beam/wall using "solid element operations" (SEO).

AC has many ways to deal with these things according to how you want the final drawing to look and the level of detail you need to show.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)