BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall corners don't look right in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello fellow archicad users. I recently upgraded to Archicad 24. I am having an issue. I have 6" wall corner and a 4" trim at the base. They are touching each other in the floor plan and when this happens the corner sticks out in 3d about 6" or so (see attachment). Does anyone know how to fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
insideru
Advocate
It's expected, given the way AC treats walls and intersections. It happens when more walls share the same reference line, but it can be avoided by several methods:
  • do not use walls for the trim. use beams.
  • set the trim's layer intersection group a different number to the walls' layer
  • set the reference line of the trim on the exterior (towards the room)
(these come to mind)
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you I'll look at this. Also I found out that if I go to project preferences and select "use legacy intersection for walls" it fixes the issue.
Why not just use a profiled wall that combines wall and trim as one rather than treating them as separate entities (and thus running into this 'intersecting reference lines' issue)?
Lingwisyer
Guru
Beware that using Legacy Intersections may cause some other issues...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
When wall reference lines touch they will always try to connect with each other.
So as suggested before, keep the reference lines apart or use different layers with different intersection priority numbers so the don't connect with each other.

Or you could also try using beams for the trims instead of other walls.

But the best solution (as also mentioned before) is to use a complex profile wall.
The any openings will also automatically cut the trim.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!