BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I am drawing foundations, line types of walls that are being intersected are not shown as they should. I will attach a screenshot of the situation i am facing. I have tried using intersect tool, changing junction order of the walls etc. nothing works. Any help would be appreciated...
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Do you mean the lack of external line at the corners?
If so check your wall composite settings to see if you have the end line turned on.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it is about the lack of external line at the corner. I checked the composite wall setting, everything is turned on.

I noticed when I removed the colums, lines at the end of the intersected walls came back to normal.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Maybe something regarding the skin wrapping around columns?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
admirsu wrote:
Yes it is about the lack of external line at the corner. I checked the composite wall setting, everything is turned on.

I noticed when I removed the Columns, lines at the end of the intersected walls came back to normal.

The reason it works this way is because Columns cut their own geometry out of Walls, so there is actually no Wall surface at the side of the Column coinciding with the side of the Wall. If you select only the Wall and display it in 3D, you will see the holes cut into them by Columns.

To achieve the graphic you wish to, you could move your Column towards the interior of the Wall by a minuscule amount, like 0.1 mm. It will not cause any problem with dimensioning (Dimensioning accuracy is not that great), but now there will be a 0.1 mm thick Wall around that side of the Column and so the Wall outline will be drawn.
This of course is a hack, do it only if you feel comfortable with it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, it helped
Learn and get certified!