BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall line issue in Plan View

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,
I'm placing a door and curtain wall next to each other. However there is still a line of wall (in Blue) existing between them. Please see attached.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this wall line in plan.
I've looked into the wall setting, the door setting and in the curtain wall setting but can't find where to turn this off.

Many thanks for all of your inputs.

Cheers,
Nguyen
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
tranthainguyen wrote:
Does anyone know how to get rid of this wall line in plan.
Hi Nguyen,

For a door or window you can make that line disappear by using the ganging option (please see the attached image).
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a similar option for the curtain wall. In this case, what I can think of right now is making a patch using 2d elements (fills and lines) or using the "opening oversize" option (equal to the width of the door) for curtain wall's left/right side (in this case you might experience unwanted changes in the 3d model and you would have to add manually a text with the curtain wall's height when dimensioning).

Cheers,
Adrian Tudoreanu
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you will not need to make any such lines disappear for the Curtain Wall since it is not a Window/Door: it does not cut a hole in the Wall. It stands on its own.
But I suppose you placed an Empty Window into the Wall at the location of the Curtain Wall. Fortunately there is a Connection on Left/Right parameter also for Empty Doors.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think you will not need to make any such lines disappear for the Curtain Wall since it is not a Window/Door: it does not cut a hole in the Wall. It stands on its own.

Hi Laszlonagy,
Do you mean that we can insert curtain wall without a wall? I tried but it doesn't work. Maybe I am missing something from you. Can you please advise ?
Many thanks
rocorona
Booster
tranthainguyen wrote:
Do you mean that we can insert curtain wall without a wall? I tried but it doesn't work.
Not in AC11.
You are using the Curtain Wall "window", that need a wall to be placed in. ArchiCAD 12 has a new tool, also called Curtain Wall, to place stand alone elements.

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
Oh ic...many thanks for that info.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, Roberto is right, I did not check you signature, I just assumed you are on AC12.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!