BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall lines disappear after pan

heathldesign
Expert
in plan view when i zoom in and out my outside wall lines disappear, and the only way to get them back is to change stories, and it only seams to happen in saved views.
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
6 REPLIES 6
heathldesign
Expert
now it looks like i can't get them back. i tried to repair the file and that hasn't helped. it seams to render fine in the layout book though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this happen in all files you create or just on that specific one? Are you using the Standard template?
heathldesign
Expert
it seems to be only this project and it is the standard template. how do i find out what template is used in a project?
heathldesign
Expert
ok, the wall lines are disappearing again, in a brand new, empty file. mostly empty, i only just started drawing walls. I'm using an AC24 template. standard profile. they only appear again if i zoom in, and only the walls visible on screen reappear. I had this problem back in 2018, and have not started any new projects since then, and it was not resolved then either. any thoughts?
ok, update, while composing this post, the issue resolved itself. i have not touched it, i literally went back to the model, and the lines where there and i can't make them disappear now. didn't change a single thing. can you say, frustrating?
another update, doing it again, for no apparent reason.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could this be a graphics card problem?
Try to update your graphics card driver to the latest version and see if it helps.

Also, there are some options in the "Advanced Redraw Options" page of the Work Environment Dialog you could try. Try unchecking the "2D Drawing Antialiasing" checbox, and try setting the "2D Drawing hardware Acceleration" slider to "Off". See if any of these help.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
heathldesign
Expert
nope. neither of those helped. turning off 2D acceleration made it unusable too. i'm on a mac and my software is right up to date.
Learn and get certified!