BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall materials won't align in the Render

jbArch
Newcomer
Been pulling my hair out trying to get some wall textures to align... I am aware of the "Align 3D Texture" commands, and they seem to make things look right in the 3D model. But when I render it, alignment is shot.

In the attached view, there is a 1'-0" tall rim of siding (built with walls) which is the problem element. Tried this with a slab too, and get similarly bad results.

I'm working in AC10 on this project (only because I collaborate w/ someone who has that version) but could open in a later version if this is version specific.

Any suggestions? I've tried multiple textures too and get similar results.

thanks

3D texture test.jpg
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
silly question but why do do you not have the correct main wall just going down to the base.
instead of having two walls that dont line up ?

Ian
jbArch
Newcomer
silly question but why do do you not have the correct main wall just going down to the base.
instead of having two walls that dont line up ?
Well, that's the workaround I ended up using. But the reason is that I'm trying to model it the same way it is built, which is with walls on platform framing. The 1' tall portion would be rim board and siding, while everything above is wood stud framing + siding.

cheers
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
jbArch

Make the upper wall a complex profile with the siding extended down over the outside of the lower wall. That way you can still have the two walls as it is built.

HTH
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
jbArch
Newcomer
Nice, I like that better then my workaround. Will give it a shot.

cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Learn and get certified!