BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall surface 3D document

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am trying to use a feature I haven't before and I am having difficulty. I want to create a 3D document of a floor plan showing depth but I cannot override the cut surface to shown only one colour, say black.

Could someone tell me how to do it as I have already watched videos, read articles but still can't manage?

thank you very much.

Jonas

Wall Surface.png
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jonas:

Is the model actually cut (using a Cutting Plane) or just a top down view of complete walls (the walls are not cut, you are seeing their top). Try switching to an axonometric type view in the 3D Window, apply the cut, then change back to Top View and Redefine the 3D Document.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi David,

Thank you very much for the reply, I appreciate it.

I generated a 3D document by selecting an area on the floor plan using the bold marquee. After right clicking, you can select the option "create 3D document from floor plan" or something like that, I can't remember the text exactly. Instantly, the 3D document folder will have the part of the floor plan you selected. If you right click that document, you will have options to change how the plan is shown.... this is the process I did. Now, regarding the problem I had, I found the solution, which was very simple. All I had to do was tweak the option in the attached image where it says "working drawings" under new settings & storing options to "planning drawings" and the wall displayed like I wanted it to.

I'm not sure I made myself clear here but the good thing is that the problem was solved.

Once again, thank you very much for your attention.

Jonas
Learn and get certified!