Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall wrapping of columns does not show on floor plans when column intersects with multiple walls

StijnvdnHeuvel
Contributor

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with my columns not wrapping correctly in my floor plans. The 3D model shows everything correctly, but when a single column overlaps with different walls (at different elevations, walls at the same elevation work fine), the wrapping stops showing on the floor plan. The attached screenshot shows what I want on the right (created by literally copying the situation on the left, but only for the one story). When I set the elevations of the column on the left to only intersect with that wall, everything works fine. Oddly enough, this only happens when I set more than one wall layer as something other than the core, so if I just set the siding as a finish, that does show up on the floor plans.

I can technically fix it now by just using multiple columns, but I assume there has to be a way to do this using just the single column, right?

Hope you can help,

Stijn

Screenshot_1.png
2 REPLIES 2

2 things will help to figure this out.   Add what version of ArchiCAD you are using in your Signature, and upload a file with just those walls and columns so we can fuss with it.   

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Botonis
Advisor

The wrapping via the column settings gives an option for single material. If you want more you have to create a custom profile with wrapping materials you want. Check the material priorities. 

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.