Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Walls intersection visible as a line

alexandarland
Participant
Hello everyone.
I was trying to find the solution to this issue, however couldn't find it.
So, when I do walls in certain color, even though I do them properly, sometimes their intersection is visible with a lighter line. As you can see in screenshot, it is not a rule but it happens, and when I publish it, the lighter line remains visible in PDF. This is not a problem when wall colors are lighter (it is less visible) but it really annoys me when they're dark or black.
Anyone with a hint?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut Fills exported from Archicad (for example from Walls in Plan) are not exported as one, but as series of smaller "fills" in form of triangles or rectangles (if you use Composites).

The line you see in PDF is just the way your PDF viewer is displaying edges between those fills. It's just a display thing, so the "line" is not visible when you print it.

But if you want to get rid of it anyway, you can do the following in Acrobar Reader: Edit>Preferences>Page Display>and make sure "Smoth Line Art" is not checked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cut Fills exported from Archicad (for example from Walls in Plan) are not exported as one, but as series of smaller "fills" in form of triangles or rectangles (if you use Composites).

The line you see in PDF is just the way your PDF viewer is displaying edges between those fills. It's just a display thing, so the "line" is not visible when you print it.

But if you want to get rid of it anyway, you can do the following in Acrobar Reader: Edit>Preferences>Page Display>and make sure "Smoth Line Art" is not checked.
alexandarland
Participant
mbl wrote:

Thank you, mbl, your response makes complete sense.
Alright, now I don't want to split-hair but I am not sure that's up to a PDF reader, I can see that while working in AC.