BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls show below door openings

It is possible to get the wall not to show up at door openings like this ?
The threshold is turned off. I have the door set to the level of the underlayment. The wall is setting on the subfloor.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

6 REPLIES 6
David Shorter
Advisor
Doesn't look like it Steve, I tried oversizing the lower part of the opening but that doesnt help. It seems the only way to make the door look OK is to strengthen the flooring .... then the the section beyond the door will be incorrect, that is unless you build brickwork off timber flooring !!!!
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steve:

Try setting Project Preferences > Construction Elements > Legacy Options > Use legacy intersection methods... > OFF.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Shorter
Advisor
tried that, doesn't seem to work.
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait a minute, aren't we looking at two doors, like those in adjoining hotel rooms? The far door does not seem to suffer from the wall PBC at the finish floor level. Steve, can you clarify what we are seeing there?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone found a solution for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is the wall intersecting the floor,not a threshold.
Where is the bottom of your wall with respect to the story?
Learn and get certified!