Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im probably repeating previously asked question but nonetheless.

Is it possible to stretch polygonal walls instead of drawing each individual segment of a wall. it looks like i can only move the whole created block but i cannot stretch certain side.
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
xeexed:

With the wall selected, click on the edge you want to stretch, the Pet Palette will appear, you want to select the top row, 4th item from the left to stretch the selected edge.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I must be doing something wrong, as I select the side of the wall created using polygonal tool instead of single line i cannot stretch the only option is get are: Drag, Rotate, Mirror, Elevate, Multiply.

I'm guessing there is no possibility of stretching polygonal wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
xeexed wrote:
I must be doing something wrong, as I select the side of the wall created using polygonal tool instead of single line i cannot stretch the only option is get are: Drag, Rotate, Mirror, Elevate, Multiply.

I'm guessing there is no possibility of stretching polygonal wall.

I bet you have the polywall grouped with something else. Press 'Suspend Groups' before you try to edit it, otherwise the pet palette will look as you describe.

Hopefully you should then see something similar to attached image. You will get a slightly different Pet Palette appear depending on whether you have selected a corner node or an edge.

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
What does the "PolyWall corners can change" button in wall settings do? Sounds like a strange setting to disable.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
What does the "PolyWall corners can change" button in wall settings do? Sounds like a strange setting to disable.
I believe that polywalls normally stay the same shape if you connect another wall into them. The 'polywall corner can change' setting allows the corners to automatically adjust to join the other wall, which can modify the shape from how you drew it.

To be honest I've never really got to grips with the exact rules that polywalls obey, and why they do stuff like they do! I'm not even sure of the implications of changing the reference line - it doesn't seem to make much difference to how it behaves! I wonder if anyone has done a detailed guide that gives more info than the help files?