Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Weird 3D window issue

Arcadia
Booster
I am using dual firepro V5900 cards. A blue screen crash prompted me to re-install the drivers and catalyst control software (using the graphisoft V15 approved drivers from the AMD website) and ever since my 3D window has been doing weird s**t. I've uninstalled and re-installed, tried all sorts of 3D application settings but nothing helps. The effect shown in the image happens after I change an element in the 3D window and appears when I rotate or move the image. The 'jaggies' diseapear once I stop moving and get rid of the orbit function but the longer I work in the 3D window the more unstable it gets. Help!

Weird 3D.JPG
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This used to happen to me when I was running two monitors on one card; or when one or the other card were going bad, ran through 11 cards on my old Mac Pro until I got rid of the ATI Radeon cards that were problemental. Apple kept replacing the card with another card even though they knew there was a problem...guess they had a shelf ful.
Arcadia
Booster
Thanks for your comments Archimamamia. I have dual V5900 cards running 2 monitors each. Curiously I have been able to improve the situation by swapping my main screen which runs AC on to the other card. I'm not getting the distortions now but am still seeing some instability and materials or objects diseapearing when I drag the model around in the 3D window. This is clearly unrelated to Archicad itself as I the files themselves are stable. Maybe I will have to consider quaddro cards.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11