BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

When I try to move the wall a wrong measure comes out, there's an more number.

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to move the wall a wrong measure comes out, there's an more number. How should I proceed to bring the measurement all in centimeters, an extra number comes out? Thank you
8 REPLIES 8
Lingwisyer
Guru
Options => Project Preferences => Working Units ?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
The settings you suggested to me I have already checked them all, they are all with cm units of measurement. The problem is only given to me when I drag a node, I ling you up the image. Thank you
Barry Kelly
In the working units you can also set the decimal precision.
You probably have this set to a higher value (which can actually be a good thing for better accuracy).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Having decimals in working units is also great for spotting unwanted inaccuracy.

If I see something is position 814.3 mm on the axis values, I know someone has just been drawing whatever they thought looked good enough and should be careful with not having more innaccuracy in my own model as a result.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
1) I solved by putting 0 where I circled in red. Thank you very much
2) I ask, in this forum I inserted a question, of which I have never had an answer, because in the forum I see the new questions asked and then the next day I no longer see them on the list? Thank you
3) why do I not get a notice of notification of a reply on my email? Thank you
Lingwisyer
Guru
Giovannino60 wrote:
putting 0

The problem with doing this is that it just rounds those decimals but does not snap to that rounded value. So if as Erwin mentioned, someone does do go close enough is good enough, you will have a harder time spotting it.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
Giovannino60 wrote:
2) I ask, in this forum I inserted a question, of which I have never had an answer, because in the forum I see the new questions asked and then the next day I no longer see them on the list? Thank you

If you mean you have written a post and then you go back and it it's not there, then it has probably been moved by a moderator.
Please try to post in an appropriate section rather than everything in 'Archicad+'.

Giovannino60 wrote:
3) why do I not get a notice of notification of a reply on my email? Thank you

If you search in the 'Forum Related Issues' section, you will find the answer to your question.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=68961&start=10#p306505

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Lingwisyer wrote:
Giovannino60 wrote:
putting 0

The problem with doing this is that it just rounds those decimals but does not snap to that rounded value. So if as Erwin mentioned, someone does do go close enough is good enough, you will have a harder time spotting it.

Ling.
Thanks for explaining what I tried to explain so much better!

Archicad will still draw with a lot of unseen decimals 'inaccuracy' unless you put exact numbers into your tracker / coordinate input.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!