Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Why winder stairs dont work properly?

Ustunes
Contributor

Hi guys.. I'm new at Archicad, but I'm used to working 3d softwares.. I have a few question about winder stairs in Archicad.. 

I cant correctly create any U-shape winder stairs. Generally, my solution I do is quite simple..  I draw a stair in any boundry i defined, and then I click any edge of baseline of stair > auto-opened pop-up menu> select segment type > winder with equal goings.. So, Archicad offers any proposal for me. I select any of them.. Unfortunately, this solution dont work very well. Firstly my control on stair option obviously very limited; Secondly, I have many errors in 3d & sections.. I need help for U-shaped winder stairs.. 

a.png
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

If you are worried about the curvy underside of the stair, unfortunately this is just how it is with winder stairs.

Landings can have a flat underside but not winders.

Here is one of a few posts where it has been mentioned.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Curved-Stair-issue-with-construction/td-p/283945?f=...

With corner winders you can split the structure or model separate parts of the stair.

I am not sure how you would flatten the underside of a stair as you have shown it if that is what you are wanting to do.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for replying, Unfortunately, my problem isnt underside of the stairs, my problem is undefined volids in my stair in 3d. There is a mass but its unseen on there. The blue contour line define all solidity for stair, but in 3d I cant see there (only void btw slab&stair) unlike 2d plan view. 

Note:I marked it in additional screenview with red circle.

aa.png

Check the connection for the bottom of the flight

There are many different types of connections and you may have an offset active.

BarryKelly_0-1660640253097.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Ustunes
Contributor

Thanks a lot sir, I have fixed the problem with your mentorship. However, I recognize that I couldnt modify any option with Ctrl+T_ToolSettingsForStairs, If I wanna change anything. My solution works on only redraw stair from scratch. I have an another modifiying problem with Ctrl+T_StairToolSettings. For instance, I try to adjust FloorPlanDisplayLayouts, but it doesnt work. 

Note: I try to adjust FloorPlanDisplayLayouts, but dont work in Video I recorded. 

I am not sure why CTRL+T is not working for you unless the shortcut has been amended in your Work Environment.

You should be able to open the settings through the button on the info box.

BarryKelly_0-1660702797644.png

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Ustunes
Contributor

I fix it as I transfer all my drawings to another new Archicad page with Command_Copy. However, sometimesarchicad  still dont react for the changes I did in ToolSettings(Ctrl+T). I dont know why.. I'll carry on & inform you.. Thanks a lot..