Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Will Nemetschek kill Archicad?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a future for Archicad; ( i know that there is similar post,but..)
As i seeing the 11 version ,i m wondering if the new Mother for archicad,want to kill her children.
I hope not, and i am praying to have in the future a REAL update version like version 7 was in the past
15 REPLIES 15
TomWaltz
Participant
AC11 was in production long before the buyout happened. I think AC12 and AC13 will be better indicators of what we should expect in the future.

Did the other post not discuss the concept in depth enough for you? Or did you just feel like a little fear-mongering today?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny that you mention AC7. Most people felt it was less an upgrade than 6.5 (6 of course was huge). I considered the Navigator and Publisher to be a big deal (naturally, since they were a result of my suggestion) but a lot of people didn't get it at the time.

But back to the topic...

Nemetschek has no interest in killing ArchiCAD. They did not invest only to destroy Graphisoft's primary asset. It remains to be seen if any effort is made to develop some synergy between AC, AP, VW & C4D, but they have shown a clear pattern in all their acquisitions of letting the products thrive independently.

As far as development strategy and new features goes...

AC11 was planned to address specific needs of a particular segment of the market which Graphisoft needs for growth. Some firms may not find the new features compelling (as many did not with AC7) but I think many will also be surprised just how useful and versatile the Trace & Reference feature is. While it may appeal especially to the 2D drafters among us, there are many advantages for design and modeling as well. The multi-story module feature is another big one as far as I am concerned - and another big distinction between AC and any other program out there.

From what little I know of the plans for 12 & 13 I think people will be very pleased with them (assuming GS does a good job of it).
Rakela Raul
Participant
From what little I know of the plans for 12 & 13 I think people will be very pleased with them (assuming GS does a good job of it).
how can you do that!!!!

i know all that but wont tell for 2 years..cmon man !!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rakela wrote:
how can you do that!!!!

i know all that but wont tell for 2 years..cmon man !!!
You know the line...

"If I tell you any more I will have to kill you..."

Especially about the custom homeland security rebuild Iraq module. Oops, now I've said too much.
Rakela Raul
Participant
ok relax

i rather wait
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
AC11 was in production long before the buyout happened. I think AC12 and AC13 will be better indicators of what we should expect in the future.

Did the other post not discuss the concept in depth enough for you? Or did you just feel like a little fear-mongering today?

- my question is.... when you stated AC7 in the same paragraph with publisher, (being I am a new user since 8.1) did AC7 have publisher within the software and was it somewhat functional? I remember in AC8.1 & 9 we used plotmaker- Now that I have been in 10 for a while the (9) interface has become faint.
AC 7 and its sister PlotMaker ??? both had a Publisher.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess my question was directed to Mattew Lohden, but the interception is always appreciated. I was wondering if 7 had publisher and maybe close to the functionality of 10 why use the 3-plotmaker in the first place. I guess I am just doing some history research not that it is a big problem now being that I am in AC10 and very with publisher (w/ a few wishes) I just wonder why I spent time learing plotmaker instead of putting that time to publisher. (guess it was the person over my position who made that choice)
The road to Digital Cartooning of Drawing Sets commenced in 7, but really didn't start to be viable until version 8. Each release since version 7 (some might say 6.5) have made the need to establish a workflow for producing drawings ever more important.

Tinker to Evers to Chance...
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1