BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Winder stair to fit certain dimsneions

martin-b
Booster

I have a problem modelling a winder u-shaped stair in Archicad 24 (I know I'm not the first one...). It is a developer's standard stair that needs to have certain dimensions and I just can't seem to be able to adjust my stair in Archicad to somehow fit these dimensions.

Below I attach an image of the closest shape that I was able to get. The first part has to be 1750 mm long, then 1920 and 2000 mm at the end. Flights are 880 mm wide, walking line 300 mm offset from the left, 17 steps and the story height is 2770 mm. It's the pink line in my screenshot that it should follow.

What I have below is all modelled with flights. I started with a 2-points turning type on my stair and minimum 1 winder up and down and then I manually clicked on turnings and edited the number of winders for each turning separately. This method only works on 2-point turning type, but it doesn't have to be 2-point turning type, as long as it matches my given dimensions.

Does anyone have a good understanding of winder stairs and can help me? Or do I have to convince my company to swith to another piece of software that is able to model what our clients expect?

0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!