Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Window Round Reveal

Festim Idrizi
Booster

Dear Friends, 

Hope you are doing well.

I have a problem that I can't find a way to do it.
Has anyone done a round revealer and does anyone have an idea how to do it?

Best! 

Round.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

I'm sure there are lots of alternatives. Here's another one. Set the wall hole wider than the window and place a column with the correct reveal assembly in the space at the side of the window.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
runxel
Legend

The easiest way would be to use a big reveal, and then in this reveal you put a shell with this rounded form.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

I'm sure there are lots of alternatives. Here's another one. Set the wall hole wider than the window and place a column with the correct reveal assembly in the space at the side of the window.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thank you, I already did it with a column. Do you think the shell is better than the column? 

I already did that, the only thing was that I wanted to be connected with the window. 
Anyway, thanks for the solution.

You don't need three elements but one. For me thats a plus.

But scratch the shell for this particular usage. I only used it before to have a revolving thing around my windows. It will be boxy tho, not rounded.

So for your particular case the column technique is better.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»