BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Wall Contour Lines

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to set up my 3D windows to look a certain way in plan view. I almost have what I am looking for, but the Window Wall Contour Lines are in the way. The image I attached shows the problem and where the settings are to adjust the lines which are the problem.

I tried changing the lines to white, but these Wall Contour Lines in the Window settings overlap the 3D wall lines. So, when those Wall Contour Lines are changed to white, there are little white lines showing over the exterior wall edge. Of course the lines are invisible when my eyes are looking off of the wall edge, but what I am wanting to know is if there is anyway of either removing these lines are by getting the wall lines somehow above the wall contour lines so those little white lines don't show up.

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 11.31.41 AM.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
5 REPLIES 5
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi toman311,

The answer is in your screenshot. You can turn the Wall Contour Lines off by clicking the Wall Contour lines header above the line and pen settings you have highlighted. See attached Image.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
toman311
Enthusiast
That option isn't available for my window that I am using apparently. I got the window out of the ArchiCAD 18 component folder too.

My screen shot doesn't show that option either, but yours does?

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you clicked on this button in General Settings? It brings up the wall contour line options.
Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 9.26.16 AM.png
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi toman311,

The setting is displayed in your screenshot. See below.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
toman311
Enthusiast
Mind blowing. It was there the whole time.

When I was messing with doors, I found it right away. Somehow I looked over it with windows.

Thanks though

Learn and get certified!