BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window and door layers?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have compleated a couple sets of drawings in AC so far. I must have missed or forgotten something because all of the sudden I can't figure out how windows and doors layers work. Do windows and doors automaticly have there own layers? I cant find any whare to define the layer of these objects. thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Aussie John
Newcomer
Mark - windows and door become part of the wall and as such take on the layer of the wall.

And exception is in plotmaker which for some unknown reason creates a layer for the door/window.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have compleated a couple sets of drawings in AC so far. I must have missed or forgotten something because all of the sudden I can't figure out how window and door layers work. Do windows and doors automaticly have there own layers? I cant find any whare to define the layer of these objects. thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry! I don't know how but my question was posted 3 times, oops!
Eduardo Rolon
check on display options to specify how doors and windows are shoen
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
They don't really have layers mate - they simply become part of the wall they are inserted into. Same as the Wall End tool.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That makes alot of sense. Explains why I diddn't remember creating door and window layers. Thanks!
Djordje
Ace
Mark wrote:
I have compleated a couple sets of drawings in AC so far. I must have missed or forgotten something because all of the sudden I can't figure out how windows and doors layers work. Do windows and doors automaticly have there own layers? I cant find any whare to define the layer of these objects. thanks
You can when saving to DWG. PlotMaker also does it.

If you want to control the visibility and representation, a combination of the Display options and window/doors parameters usually does the trick.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!