Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window in curved wall with parallel jamb

Mike96
Advocate

Hello,

The default behavior when placing windows in curved walls is making window jambs perpendicular to the wall baseline. You can see such situation in the left window in the screenshot below.

But I need to have jambs parallel to each other, like it's presented in the right window (marked red). Is it possible in Archicad?

Enlarged Plan.PNG

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3

I am not understanding the situation.  The window jambs will alwasys be paralell with each other, and you will always want them to be perpendicular to the wall opening right ?   The window will always be a rectangle in a curved wall.

Or are you wanting to make a curved window jambs and curved glass to match curve of the wall ? 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Lingwisyer
Guru

I was sure some of the default doors and windows had that option, but it only seems to appear in the Window / Door Opening objects... The parameter IS there for all of them though... bParalellInCurvedWalls...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

No, Steve, no. It's exactly opposite to what you described. Both what I want and what Archicad behaves like. Take a standard window and place it in a curved wall. You won't get rectangular window opening, as you said. It will look like a bent beam - its sides will not be parallel to each other, which is what I need.

I'm not talking about special curved window object. I just want a window opening (with glass panes and frames) with parallel sides.

ArchiCAD 25

Windows 10