Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Windows not showing in 3D

JessicaBoll08
Participant

I am working on creating a new model.  I have put the openings in, and when I go to view the windows in 3D they are just showings as openings, with no detail.  My document level is set to construction document detailed and windows are set to full.  The window attributes are set to 3D detail level by MVO.  I can open other models and the windows show just fine.

JessicaBoll08_0-1636123490323.png

I am running the newest version of Archicad 25 3011 on a windows 10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It sounds like your library is corrupted or partly loaded. Or you have another library loaded that conflicts with the Archicad library. Try to make a New and Reset All (Ctrl-Alt-n or cmd-option-n) and see what happens.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
DGSketcher
Legend

@JessicaBoll08 Check the MVO settings for the view, you may find the openings are set as "Show opening only".

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Unfortunately that's not it.  They are consistently not showing between the elevations, and 3d views.  The MVO setting for the view are on the construction documents detailed, with full view of windows as the setting.  I have tried switching to a different MV setting and switching back to see if that triggers the windows to show, but nothing has worked so far.

So you have checked the construction element options in the MVO settings?

Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 15.05.10.png

Could the windows be tagged for Demolition in their renovation status & you are viewing as proposed?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I am on the existing layer.  The MVO is set to full.

JessicaBoll08_0-1636125125076.png

Can you check how the window is showing in the preview elevation and 3D windows, in the Window Settings panel?

window settings panel.png

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
DGSketcher
Legend

In that window click on the Construction Elements Option at the top and check it matches my image above.

It is not.  How do I correct this.  I am using a Archicad standard window.  

JessicaBoll08_0-1636125621005.png

Solution

It sounds like your library is corrupted or partly loaded. Or you have another library loaded that conflicts with the Archicad library. Try to make a New and Reset All (Ctrl-Alt-n or cmd-option-n) and see what happens.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

I opened a new drawing and brought in my drawing.  I had to redo all the windows but that seems to be the fix.