BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wrap insulation arround corner

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if it has been asked before, but couldnt find the answer. I have two simple walls, one concrete and one brick that meet in a corner. How do I wrap insulation and plaster arround a corner? Only thing that comes to my mind is to place profile column in the corner. Sure there is a better way.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Set priority number for Insulation higher than that for RC skin.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That helps, but then this insulation is breaking throug concrete on the other junction. I guess I will end up with a lot of same building materials only with different priority settings and spliting walls a lot.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please show where the reference lines are in the wall. This is an easy fix...
Anonymous
Not applicable
My concrete and wood walls (in your case the concrete and brick) need to have the same priority to get it to look right. Note the wall reference lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Theese are my setting for priority. I cant get to connect as in your example, Steven
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
My concrete and wood walls (in your case the concrete and brick) need to have the same priority to get it to look right.
Your concrete and brick walls do not have the same priority.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your CMU has a lower priority than the insulation, so it does not cut through the insulation. Make it higher and it will.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Steven very much. I think I get it now. The original mistake was to set insulation higher than concrete. That fixed the corner problem but created new one. Only one mistery remains for me. What makes one material still stronger than the other? Why concrete get over brick in my example? I know this is correct in this case, but if they have the same priority, how does ArchiCAD knows which one to be just a little bit stgronger.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know what makes one material have "priority" over the other even thought hey have the same priority, but you can change that if you wish.

BTW - This is right out of the help menu.
Learn and get certified!