Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wrong Partial Structure Display - Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings,
I have a problem with beam created as a complex profile. The beam is created from two parts, one is a core, the other is a surface. If I display the entire structure, then everything is OK. If I want to display only a core, then the beam intersections are wrong. Any idea what is wrong? (There is also a sandwich wall on the picture that is behaving correctly)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marie,

Just a guess:

Looks like the core beam material is intersecting with the surface beam material. Try resetting the beam priorities, if available, in your new profile.

If you can't do that then:
Remake the profile beam using two separate profiles, with the core and the surface on different layers. Then use layer on/off to get core vs full view.

HTH,
Snap
Anonymous
Not applicable
snapcrackle: Thanks for reply.

But I think something is wrong with AC. I made a test with using the same profile at a beam and a wall. The wall is behaving correctly and the beam is behaving incorrectly. I can see more problems with beams - for example the intersection with column at a corner. And it happens even with a simple profile. Do you people think it is a bug that should be reported?

Displaying the entire structure:

Displaying core only:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marie,

I do notice that you have not made the beam panel identical to the wall panel. It may be that you have to pay attention to the direction you draw the beams in (right to left vs left to right , etc.) Try fixing that first.

It looks more like a limitation of beam intersections than a bug. When you have both together, it seems that the yellows don't fully connect at all corners. Of course it should work at corners where yellow does connect to yellow. Some how the combination of the red and yellow beams is confusing the beam intersection algorithm.

Again, try making the profile for the red separate from the profile for the yellow. I haven't tried, but you may be able to make the red "core" only and the yellow "finish" only....
Snap