Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Zoomed Out Too Much

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this has been covered before, but for the life of me, I can't find the threads, so my apologies for the repeat.

Somehow my model has gotten so that when I click on "Fit in Window", it zooms out so far that the whole model is only a fraction of an inch long in the window. Even if I zoom out further and try to select everything in the view, only the model elements I can already account for get selected.

How do I fix this?

TIA.

Wendy

Archicad Zoom0001.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm getting a similar, bizarre behavior in section/elevation windows. In my detail .PLN's, formerly of and working fine in AC9, MOST (but not all) windows zoom to near the Andromeda galaxy when I Fit In Window.

I deleted piece by piece the details, but nothing seemed responsible. I deleted everything and typed in a letter A, and it still did it! I tried dragging my all-selected detail (a small modular box with the detail in it) to the Origin in the S/E window, and it zoomed in a bit more! I dragged the detail to the opposite side of the window, and it zoomed in close to right! One more drag and it zoomed in all the way.

So what's THAT craziness all about? I'm hoping not to have to go through a couple hundred details with this arduous method of correcting. And I NEED the details to be in the center of the window, because we publish each detail .PLN to a single PDF, then print out four pages of the PDF per sheet to create an updated binder of all current details.
Anonymous
Not applicable
This bug just happened on a project of mine. I used the layers to narrow it down to the offending element. It turned out to be a GDL object in the standard library called "Drain pipe 10" in the mechanical section.

Upon experimenting with it I found that changing the fall of the drain to anything except zero degrees caused the whole plan view to zoom out as described. There are no distant hotspots or anything else to identify the problem. Even more weird is that if I switch off the pipe unions, the problem goes away.

This is clearly a bug in the GDL code. I wonder how many other objects are affected?