BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

after clicking model point, my options window disapears ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
when i click on any corner or node of a element.
normally i have this cute little option window that pops up...
but now today, when i click on something, the window pops up for half a second and then bang, is gone.

any ideas guys ?
Ian
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a bug.

I click on another object of a different type that will bring up the pet pallet and then I reclick on the one that I want and that usually fixes the problem. This happens to me all the time and one of my grrrrr's when it comes to the misbehaving pet pallet.

Another common problem I have is the button I choose on the pallet doesn't register and I have to click on another button (besides multiply as that brings up a dialog box) and then reclick the one I wanted to use to get it to register. Very annoying, happens all the time, and slows me down a lot.

And a lot of times the pallet wants to be helpful and appear in a convenient spot. However, many times that is right on top of what I'm doing and I have to either close the pallet of MOVE IT AGAIN to another spot only to repeat this a few times per session.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i just restarted my 14 and it still happens.
even after selecting other things, my pallet shows up for half a second and then bang,,,,, gone.

is there a short cut key to cut from a hatched shape ?
because i have to get some work done now....

thanks.
Ian
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this still happen if you reset you Work Environment to the Standard Profile? That should reset the behavior of the Pet Palette to its default.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
I'd take a guess and say that in your Work Environment you have the pet palette set to "jump to a preferred location" and that that location is off the screen.

Try setting it to "Follow cursor".

Another option is to keep your left mose button pressed while you move to the pet palette to choose what you want.
While the button is held it won't jump.

I haven't had trouble with the pet palette in 14 but 15 does have some problems.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!