BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

anyone ever use V1 of Archicad

Aussie John
Newcomer
I started using Archicad with v3. Looking back I wonder how I every got anything documented. For instance no hotlinkng of plotfiles to PM and no layersets meant for each and every view to update had open layer dialogue and select/deselect layers and then do a save as.

Made me wonder that there must be some ex v1 users out there. Anyone like to confirm their elder statesman/woman status?
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
7 REPLIES 7
__archiben
Booster
sorry. 3.14(?) is my earliest memory . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure (I still have the box) but I think ArchiCAD was at 3.42 when it first came to the US in Fall of 1987 and I began using it.

Woody
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
I had opportunity to play with V1 in 1999.

I was working as a consultant for an Architectural firm here in Sweden that had been using ArchiCAD since V3, Graphisoft was here to do an story on them.

It was really quite impressive, Plotmaker was non existent. When I had a play with it I was running it on beige G3 which was running MAC OS 7 point something, surprisingly it run quiet well.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Version 1, I haved played with it and the basic idea still seems the same, be it that v9 is a bit, correction a lot larger now. It used to fit on a floppy and was mac only [correct me if I am wrong].
Aussie John
Newcomer
I think v3 might have been the first into Australia
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
My first ArchiCAD was 3.1 with weird 12 (or 16?) drawing layers. Userinterface was similar to linedrafted 2D for GDL objects. But slabs, roofs, walls and lines could exsist on multiply layers therefore user was able to have various ways of plotting. I am glad that 3.4 was released during my first user year. I recall having and using PlotMaker since day one?

I have had ArchiCAD 1 on diskette, but disk and mac IIfx both are long gone. ArchiCAD one was for original Mac, black and white with fixed window size. Still the look and feel of ArchiCAD were there.

It would be fun to read ArchiCAD history. Graphisofts sales brochures from each new version scanned to pdf and published here. Not that much has changed 😉
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Well I feel like a newbie coming into the AC world with version 5.1 (when teamwork made it's arrival). Started using it at university and not used anything else since. Pre ArchiCAD I used to use Autosketch, horid programme that.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Learn and get certified!