Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Forum Posts

Archicad file Icon wrong

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and if so, how can I resolve it? The Archicad file icon looks as per the attached image (showing the UK map). I am used to seeing a small floor plan, I don't know what has happened. The o...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Composites resolving conflicting priority requirements

Hi I wonder how people are resolving situations with composite walls where a given material needs dominant priority to resolve one wall junction, and recessive priority to resolve another? In my current situation, concrete needs to master insulation ...

How To Get Rid of Wall Intersections for a Clean Look

Greetings. I was working on ArchiCAD until I completed the form of my building. But I cannot figure out how to get rid of these lines that show through the walls and roof. I want to start using ArchiCAD for another project but only if I can get rid o...

1.JPG
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

shortcut in archicad

I remember there was an option in archicad that allow to use the shortcut normally even if the the language of windows is not english .. to avoid to change language every time .I used that option before put I can't found it now ... thanks

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Merge" 3D pln files and rendering

I have 5 different large buildings from different pln files and a separate file with the topography. I want to assemble these into one file that i can render in either archicad/artlantis/photoshop. what is the best way to do this? Not sure my compute...

• 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find Surface Painter

In AC 19 I can't find the "Surface Painter" palette. I've got all "Legacy" items unchecked in Project Pref's, and am in the 3D window, but no Surface Painter shows up greyed or otherwise, under either Window>Palettes or Documents>Creative Imaging. An...

stairs not showing on floor above

How can i make my stair be visible at the floor above hrough its whole in the slab? as you can see in the attachment the stair is visible on one floor but not on the other.

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Building materials wont heal between hotlink & main mode

Hi, I have a hotlink within a model. I am trying to get the plaster material to heal between the hotlink and the main model. I have set the same building material priorities / strengths in both the main model and hotlink. Layer priorities are also th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wall surfaces disappear in 3d

Hello, I've got the following problem while modelling a house of 120 flats. In plan everything is okay, but in 3d some of the walls started losing their front or back surfaces (some of them both). It effects about 20% of my walls. The walls are still...

acx.jpg
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Curved windows and their issues.

Hello, For a couple o months I have a big problem with curved windows in ArchiCAD. We have large office building with round walls and allot of structural curved glazing. The main issue is how to draw it in ArchiCAD with proper documentation. Curtain ...

okna2.JPG
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes