BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

can't import with google earth connections

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just downloaded and installed Google earth connections, opened up the PDF manual and it says to import from 3D warehouse select "import from 3D warehouse" under file<google earth connections<import model from 3D warehouse. NO SUCH COMMAND EXISTS! the only options i have is "place google earth snapshot" or "google options". as far as i can see there are no options to turn this command on. so what gives? i'm running AC15 on a a Macbook Pro.
wb
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
read this:

The automated data exchange between ArchiCAD 15 64-bit edition and Google Earth, Google Warehouse and SketchUp is not available due to technical limitations. Read more about the suggested manual communication workflow below:

www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_workflow.html

So instead of not creating the add-on at all, Graphisoft made the Sketch-up import and supplied a work around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but i still don't see how to import. i don't have the option. is there another add-on i need to install?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Download here and install it;
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

And then File / File Special / Merge, choose the skp-file format and merge.
Djordje
Ace
Alternatively, install (or you might already have it installed) ArchICAD 14 32 bit, import the GE data there, and merge the file into the 15 file.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!