Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

collide at wall intersection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
When I draw two walls with different type and intersected each other, some material penetrate into the other wall, and the method of material priority seems not to be an easy way (because so many material type...)
Please advice Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
It can get a little tricky, but generally stronger materials will automatically cut weaker ones.

The tricky part comes when you have multiple skins in a wall and maybe the centre skin is the strongest.
It depends on where your wall reference lines are as to how they trim to each other.
But if one wall does not pass completely through the other wall (with the strong centre skin), then the strongest skin will stop the joining wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
It can get a little tricky, but generally stronger materials will automatically cut weaker ones.

The tricky part comes when you have multiple skins in a wall and maybe the centre skin is the strongest.
It depends on where your wall reference lines are as to how they trim to each other.
But if one wall does not pass completely through the other wall (with the strong centre skin), then the strongest skin will stop the joining wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks Barry.