BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex profile material problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a complex profile with the wall tool and trying to change the material.

I have made the material changes in the wall tool settings as well as in the Profile Manager. The problem is the wall isn't showing the correct material. I have tried remaking the wall and also making the changes with the element selected. Still nothing. The element itself is still showing the texture that was selected when the profile was first created although all settings now show otherwise.

Any advice?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, yeah i had this problem at first

if you open the complex profile, when you change the material in the pallette you need the fill selected for the changes to work.

Hope that works?

Craig
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just tried it and the same thing happened to me. What it looks like is the old material on the wall is not updating. If I created a NEW wall with the profile it came out fine. But instead of creating all your walls over again you can simply select all the walls you need to change - go into the complex profile - edit the specific profile you need to change, mine had it updated with the new material even though it didnt show it - and choose Apply to Selection, bottom left of the menu. Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i forgot that bit, apply to selection, although it seemed pretty obvious to me.

you must have the fill selected in the profile manager though to make any changes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you.

I was making the changes with out having the fill selected in the Profile Manager. It makes sense you would have to do that, so you can have more than one material.

Thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
No probs
Learn and get certified!