BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

complex profiled walls and controlling their 2d appearance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've created a profiled foundation wall including footer and stem that I'm very happy with in 3d. Now, how do I change the 2d appearance?

fndwallquestion.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question continued...
Erich
Contributor
Saraphim,

Adjust your floor plan cut plane to actually be through the stem wall on the foundation level. Then set your line for uncut portions to a dashed line of your preference. If you need the two different fill patterns, presumably brick on one side and concrete on the other, be sure your wall is built with the two different fills.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
My complex wall shows the dashed lines representing the footer and the foundation fill. However when I switch to my layout all I have are several solid lines. Which settings control what will show up on my layout/PDF?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
Seraphim wrote:
My complex wall shows the dashed lines representing the footer and the foundation fill. However when I switch to my layout all I have are several solid lines. Which settings control what will show up on my layout/PDF?
It's the FPCP (floor plan cut plane) -- which is saved with each View. I suspect your active FPCP in your Viewpoint is different from the FPCP saved in the View (and ultimately the Drawing placed on your Layout).
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Laura, yet again you were able to get me heading in the right direction.

Much appreciated.
Learn and get certified!