Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

convert jpg plan to archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
dear sir

i have jpg paper plan iwant to convert it to archicad and redraw it

how to do this

regards
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
File - External content - Place external drawing

Good idea is to place it on a separate worksheet
and then trace reference it

Please add signature with software and hardware you use
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks dasneboja

This is exactly what I did, but Im new user of Archic and I do not know how I work .... i trace it by choosing wall tool but the tracing become not straight
so i stop working.
Can you explain to me exactly step by step process

I would be very grateful to you
Anonymous
Not applicable
obotalal wrote:
thanks dasneboja

This is exactly what I did, but Im new user of Archic and I do not know how I work .... i trace it by choosing wall tool but the tracing become not straight
so i stop working.
Can you explain to me exactly step by step process

I would be very grateful to you

Hi Obotalal,

It's not too difficult, try to search it in HELP first (most of answers for my questions there)

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD%2015/Help/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#hre...
and chose Place Drawing from External Application
i trace it by choosing wall tool but the tracing become not straight
I'm not sure I understood you but if you place an image of plan (JPEG, PDF,...) you can't snap to its points. You can do it if placing DWG file.

HTH
obotalal wrote:
dear sir

i have jpg paper plan iwant to convert it to archicad and redraw it

how to do this

regards
Copy .jpg then paste into ArchiCAD. Next you need to stretch or resize the .jpg to scale. Find some thing in the .jpg that you know the size of. Perhaps a dimension, door, something.... draw a line that length. Move the .jpg to match one end of that line. resize the .jpg to fit the line. You may need to rotate the .jpg some as well. Send .jpg to me if you like. I will sretch it to scale for you and send it back. What scale would you like to draw in ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you are drawing walls hold down the SHIFT key to keep walls either horizontal or vertical (if this is what you mean by straight) in plan.