Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

copy and paste to selected stories

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Is there a way we could select certain elements from a story, copy them and then paste to selected stories?

Thanks,
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, there is an edit element by stories option, in Edit>Move

But if this is too general for you, you can just use Ctrl + C, move to the story you want and paste. (Ctrl + Up or down arrow to move between stories)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. Edit element by stories unfortunately takes ALL the elements for example all the walls, all the objects.

I needed a fast way to copy from 1 floor to 30 other stories for example.

Will use the copy and paste one by one.

Thanks again.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another method that could work depending on what you want to copy, is make a group with those elements and then in a elevation or section view where you can grab at least one element, then using the multiply command (Ctrl + U)
Bruce
Expert
If you're doing a building 30 stories high, you should probably use modules (kind of similar to Revit Groups).

With the multiply (curl+u mentioned in the last post) make sure you check the 'Set home story...' check box.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the hotlink module option. We are working on solo versions. Do we have this option?
Bruce
Expert
Yes, absolutely. There are a few considerations you need to think of first, in order to make your life easier in the long run. Plenty of training videos on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=archicad+modules

They're a bit older, but the principles haven't changed.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Karl Griffith
Booster
Aya wrote:
Thanks for the hotlink module option. We are working on solo versions. Do we have this option?
Actually, ArchiCAD Solo version does not have the Hotlink Module feature. The main reason I decided to go to the full version in 21.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Bruce
Expert
My apologies: I misunderstood 'version' for 'file.' Never having used anything less than the full version, it didn't cross my mind.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --