BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

copy/paste from section/elevation to plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
ever since I use archi cad 8.0 and 8.1, i encounter a problem which seems impossible to solve:
i often copy from the section/elevation and paste the view in the floor plan in order to draw all the details necessary in a section/ facade. In 7.0 it worked great, but in 8.0 and 8.1 the lines and fills pasted in the floor plan become impossible to select or even invisible. If i restart ArchiCAD it works but only a few moves. Why ?
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Mihai wrote:
ever since I use archi cad 8.0 and 8.1, i encounter a problem which seems impossible to solve:
i often copy from the section/elevation and paste the view in the floor plan in order to draw all the details necessary in a section/ facade. In 7.0 it worked great, but in 8.0 and 8.1 the lines and fills pasted in the floor plan become impossible to select or even invisible. If i restart ArchiCAD it works but only a few moves. Why ?
Not really clear what your problem is; however, is there a real NEED to copy and paste into the plan? Can you not work directly in the S/E or Detail windows? If S/E speed is a concern, switch the S/E to zero depth - it is quite fast and intended for use just in situations liek the one you mention.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
one of the advantages was that were less pmk. files to import into pltmaker.
for example one floor plan contained all the sections and facades.

Mihai
Djordje
Ace
Mihai wrote:
one of the advantages was that were less pmk. files to import into pltmaker. for example one floor plan contained all the sections and facades.
Don't do that ... ArchiCAD is NOT the place to do it. No harm in PMKs also, especially ow that we have the linked views and layout books.

Do yourself a favour and don't do any layouting in ArchiCAD.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Couldn't agree with you more Djordje. It will slow down the whole working process of ArchiCAD. Plotmaker is definitely the program for your layouts. Plotmaker is very robust and made for doing layouts.

Take Djordje's advice and start using Plotmaker.
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
however i wanted to emphasize a function which in 7.0 perfectly worked but in newer versions 8.0 and 8.1 cause serious malfunction
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!