BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

creating detail workflow on 2 different computers / files

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,

we are currently working on a project where one person is developing the details using the detail tool and we would like for another person (different computer) to begin to organize the details on separate layouts and were wondering if there is a primitive workflow for bringing the finished details into the layouts?

at the moment, we would like to avoid using the teamwork method and are more interested in creating a simple workflow between the different files and different computers.

using Archicad version 11

any suggestions are greatly appreciated,
grodr
2 REPLIES 2
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Here's the good use for the OLD PMK's!...

Set up a PUBLISHER set to produce PMK's (I hope this was possible back in AC11)...

PLACE DRAWING... EXTERNAL.. navigate to PMK Folder you just created...

Now... I presume that you want the actual LAYOUTS as their own file... so just copy over your MASTER SHEET items.... create a matching subset in the "DETAIL" file and PLACE all the PMK's...

When changes are needed, you'll have to go back to the original file and RE-PUBLISH (can be done INDIVIDUALLY, if only a couple change)...

Let me know if this makes sense.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can just link the details from one file int the layouts of the other. This is easiest to do in the Organizer where you can have the views from the source file on the left and the layouts in the current file on the right.
Learn and get certified!