Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

creating wallniche

Anonymous
Not applicable
i created this custom wallniche as described in the AC11 help
but it is not showing properly in the plan view
how to show brick fill pattern in niche?
i have changed the colour to black in the 2d symbol window but still it is appearing blue.
Also that plaster layer is not extending over the niche
plz help.
how can i create a custom handrail?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
here is the file i used to create that niche
Anonymous
Not applicable
please somebody help
i am going crazy
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ishpalsingh wrote:
i created this custom wallniche as described in the AC11 help but it is not showing properly in the plan view
how to show brick fill pattern in niche?
i have changed the colour to black in the 2d symbol window but still it is appearing blue.
Also that plaster layer is not extending over the niche
plz help.
Since this is a rectangular niche, why don't you use the W Niche 11 part? It has the proper 2D Symbol. Otherwise you need to write a 2D Script for the part (this one you posted has only a 2D Symbol) to pick up the fill of the wall.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for replying
i am able to add fill by applying the fill in 2d symbol window
Sometimes the fill pattern does not match the wall fill pattern.
and i get a line on both side of niche.I have changed its colour to white(255) but it is still visible. how to remove that line?
wa.JPG
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ishpalsingh:

Again, why don't you use the W Niche 11 part? It has a working 2D Symbol that fixes the problems in your part.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14