Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall editing in 2d

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have as-built drawings xrefed into archicad, and I need my vertical mullions to line up with the ones there. I typed in a spacing value, and archicad did not match the spacing. It just keeps adding fractions of inches, so by the time I get back to the end the vertical members are off by feet. So I want to adjust it to be precise. Well how do I alter the verticals in the plan mode? I tried putting in slabs in front of them and dragging them into place in the 3d edit mode. But it only holds the curtain wall in the 3d mode. I could have built 20 curtain walls with slabs by now. It seems the curtain wall can do almost everything except the obvious. Am I missing something?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sounds like your xref and archicad window are at two different scales.

You can adjust your DWG translator scale
or bring in the DWGs by placing them as Drawings. You can adjust their size using ctrl/cmd+K.

In both methods you are most likely off by a factor of 12.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think that is it. I have dimensioned the xrefed one, and then I tell the CW the exact same dimensions, and it doesn't add up? My dimension tool tells me 4-9 3/4, and then I put that exact same input into the CW and they don't line up. Ideally, we should be able to stretch nodes on the floor plan and place mullions and muttons where we want in either section or plan mode. Just like you can adjust the swing on a door (45 deg ajar etc.) But I can't get it to stretch them. I have just built it out of slabs, it is a much more user friendly interface..
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hmm. Could it be the setting of the gridlines? On the Member Placement tab you set the position of the boundry frames
- Inside Grid,
- Center on Grid
- Outside Grid
You set it separately for Primary and secondary gridlines.

If this isn't it, could you post a screenshot showing how the two don't align?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"