BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
FOR THE CURTAIN WALL TOOL IS THERE A WAY TO EDIT HEIGHT WITHOUT REDRAWING THE ENTIRE WALL. ALSO I HAVE THE WALL SET UP TO SHOW THE SPIDER CLIPS BUT THEY DONT SHOW...
10 REPLIES 10
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can't change it by a height setting. Instead in the 3D window edit the boundry frame.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
To edit the boundary of the Curtain Wall in 3D, you will have to make the Scheme visible. It is more convenient to hide the Frames and Panels at the same time. Then it will be easy to see the thick boundary of the Curtain Wall which you can edit like any other polygon in AC.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do you create a curtain like the one shown in the sample picture. in the setting box it will only let you rotate horizontal elements.... i want a 45/45 basically x pattern.
Karl Ottenstein
Ummm... WHICH sample picture? Very few mind readers present here. 😉

Also... please do not start new topics with the same name as an old topic which you also started. Use a subject name that accurately describes the gist of your question. I've merged your two curtain wall topics for now...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
THE SAMPLE PICTURE IN ARCHICAD 12; THE BUILDING IN HUNGARY
Erika Epstein
Booster
I was told it was done with AC10, pre CW.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
STOP USING CAPS!
it indicates shouting!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, not sure if this helps, but you can easily change the horizontal members to 45 degrees in the properties section, in the area where you define the sizes of the members. I have however not found how to modify the vertical members, I do vaguely remember there being something to do with that in the ArchiCAD help under Curtain Wall but am not sure if it fully answers your question.
Learn and get certified!