BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

custom doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,
i am trying to make a custom door, i have followed the manual instructions but although it saves a s a .gsm file when i try and use the new door in a frame it does not show up in the custom door list.
also i can place the door in plan view but it appears as it was made and not standing up as a door should.

any help would be apprecieated.
thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Split,

You need to type the file name of the door you created in the 'custom panel name' slot in the panel parameters window... or select it from the drop down list by clicking the little arrow to the right. Also, you'll need have the custom panel saved to a loaded library, or load the library it's in. Also... I don't think you need to add the '.gsm' extension when enter the name.

That should do it for you!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for awful grammar... I should have previewed my post!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Dave, thanks for the info, but unfortuneately ive tried that already, nothing appears in either option you gave.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
splitlid wrote:
also i can place the door in plan view but it appears as it was made and not standing up as a door should.
When using this method, save the object from the 3D Window using Parallel Projection, Side View, Azimuth = 90˚ (viewing the object from what will be the top).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok david thank you, i have now got it standing up.(phnar) but it wont let me use as a custom door panel. only as a door.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Did you use the Save Custom Component command?
Then did you select the Custom Door Leaf option?

I am also thinking that this may be a library issue.
Is your default ArchiCAD Library loaded? It contains certain GSM files that are necessary for the creation of these custom components.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!